Talisman offers camps for children ages 6 to 17 and young adults 18-21 with LD, ADD/ADHD, and high functioning autism once considered Asperger’s Syndrome. Talisman provides parents unique alternatives to ordinary summer camps that cannot focus on their child’s special needs. Talisman is ACA accredited and has been helping children with neurodevelopmental issues since 1980. Their unique summer camps offer adventure and learning experiences specialized for children with these special needs. A successful, safe environment gives these special needs students an opportunity to thrive.
Why should I send my child to a specialty camp?
Specialty camps offer children with autism and learning disabilities and opportunity to experience a camp environment with dedicated staff familiar with neurodevelopmental disorders. Some benefits include:
- Teaching skills in an engaging environment.
- Programs designed for the complex needs of children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Opportunities for social growth.
- Motivation to live a more active lifestyle.
- Discovering new leisure opportunities.
- A chance for overwhelmed parents and siblings to regroup.
- Giving a special needs child an opportunity to be more independent.
Some fun camp activities your child can enjoy!
Camp activities include:
- Team Building
- Experiencing nature
- Social events
- Outdoor survival skills
- Engaging camp games
- Physical fitness